Get to know McKay, the Man, the Myth, the Illustrator.
1. Where are you from? Salt Lake City, Utah
2. Craziest life story? UHM. Too much cr8zy stuff to even say
3. If you were on a 2 month road trip and you could only bring one food, what would it be? If this food item regenerated after I finished it then I would bring a Turkey Club Sandwich. Those things a edible gold.
4. Explain your style of art. I cannot. I'm really in love with lines. It's well beyond mere infatuation.
5. Who influences you? It would be more of a "what" than "who". Really good music and people with interesting features inspires me. Also when I see someone with a crazy outfit it gets the creative juices flowing.
6. Favorite pen/pencil? My current favourite tool of destruction is my Kuretake brush pen.
7. Are you a gamer? Video games, that is. Yeah-baby. It's been a life time thing. I tend to heavily gravitate to hand-held Nintendo systems. I have every single Gameboy model since the original grey brick.
8. If you could have lunch with any two people (dead or alive), who would they be? It would have to be with Phil Elverum and Egon Schiele.
9. What does it mean to you to be a part of the Denik team? It's amazing to be able to have an impact on a kids future half-way around the world just from some drawings I've done. It's been great to see Denik flourish from being sold just on our college campus to being sold world-wide and really begin to make an impact.